Grandpa Antone, is holding Uncle Tony, then the front row isRozelka and her baby?, Josephine (Pepa), and Grandma Angela. This is not the best quality, but just glad we have it.
Hi Starich Cousins, I thought that it would be great to start a Starich/Smolich Blog. David said that among the five surviving cousins that we must have a treasure of old photos to share and stories to tell. By posting them here we can enjoy the family spirit and save them for posterity. Many of our families have grown so big and diverse that the Starich/Smolich remembrances might get lost in the shuffle. So I hope that you agree and will join in and share.
2 comments:
This is so precious to have a picture of our great grandparents on Grandma Angela's side. It is good to see all the children as well. I have a letter from Josephine somewhere. I'll look for it and put it on the blog. As I understand it, Josephine came to this country first and then Grandma angela and then tony?When did Tony marry MItzi? Tell us what you know Claudia and thanks!.
Anne, our dad's cousin, responded with this information regarding some of her memories.
I knew one of the sisters Josephine, I only knew her as Autie Peppa and she came to visit . She lived in Wisconsin;. I can't believe that one of her daughters Emily looks just like grandma Anna in the picture;. I'm not sure who came to this country first as I didn't remember her although I think they lived in Sunnyside along with the Stariches. Your grandma Angela saved money and sent for my father, Tony, when he was 18. The story I heard was my mother, Mitzi and Emily were best friends and when my father came Emily called my father strits which is uncle in slovanian. My mother and father liked each other and when they were going to get married Emily was upset that her uncle was going to marry my mother. They were married on Feb. 3, 1917.
I think they all came to America for the working conditions which were very good. My grandfather John Plute came first and sent for my grandmother and mother. I do have a few pictures of your grandmother and family and wedding pictures of my parents and a few others.
Post a Comment